17 August 2009

Birthday Countdown..

This morning my little girl who is turning 3 this Friday, said make cakes mummy, make cakes!
So we made some little fairy cakes with strawberry jam in the middle. And although it could have been a disaster (think 2 yo little boy throwing the eggs!!) they turned out not too bad. So I thought I’d share the recipes with you and some photos (taken via my phone as the kids have broken my camera permanently and now I have no camera L ), well actually I can't get the pics from my phone onto the computer..sorry they were cute...I really need a new camera!!

Pre Heat oven to 180ยบ C and spray mini muffin tin with cooking spray
Sift 1 cup of self raising flour into a bowl, stir in three tablespoons brown sugar and make a well in the centre.
Whisk together ½ cup of milk, 60g melted butter, 1 egg and then pour into the well and mix together until just combined.
Divide half the mixture into the muffin holes (makes about 12). Spoon a little strawberry jam into the center of each and then top with remaining mixture. Sprinkle with some natural (untoasted) muesli.
Bake for about 15 mins, set aside and allow filling to cool before serving.

I use a mini quiche type tin rather than a muffin tin to get the fairy cake shape.

These are seriously yum even for the adults, they are low in added sugar so a healthy treat for the kiddies.

No comments:

Post a Comment